Whew! I bet you are glad we got through our first month of the year! Despite the few snow storms, freezing conditions we are thrilled to see what the rest of the year has in store. To enhance the printing experience, we have created a campaign called #Printoftheweek. In order to be considered for this project simply create your 3D Design, print, Post, tag us (@mech_solutions) and use the hashtag.
Let’s abandon mediocrity and create designs that are both useful and out of this world! Now, if you are new to the world of 3D printing do not be dismayed to showcase your talent. This campaign is opened to experts and amateurs alike. Engage in conversations with 3D printer enthusiasts like yourself to share the tricks and secrets of effective 3D printing. Prove to your loved ones that there is an everyday practical application in the wonderful world of technology.
If you don’t have access to a 3D printer its not too late. Visit our website to find the best 3D Printer.
Cool Things to 3D Print in 5 Easy Steps
- Browse never rush the art! Take your time to pick a design that will be easy to print. 3D printing can be time consuming at times but every second counts.
- Download the STL file for your chosen model. We would suggest Thingiverse.com- you can download these files for free. Other websites also offer free downloads of STL files – just be aware that other websites require registration before downloading.
- Slice, this is a critical step for the quality of your 3D printer. One of the popular free slicer software is Cura, or you can use a paid solution like Simplify 3D. Slicing is important because it allows you to manipulate your STL file and play with settings like infill, layer height, and supports .
- Convert the STL file into GCode after you are done with slicing and are satisfied with the settings. Afterwards save the file in a GCode format and upload it to your 3D printer, either using a USB cable, an SD card, or a network connection.
- Print once you’ve followed the above steps you are good and ready to go! A cool way to see the process of your prints is to incorporate a recorder- Go pro on top of your printer for great time lapse videos.
Be sure to connect with us for all your 3D printing needs and subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive content!